Our San Diego Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Advocates For Victims Of Pedestrian Accidents
A San Diego Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Can Offer Aggressive Representation to Protect Your Future
Look at any San Diego The San Diego pedestrian accident lawyers at the Traffic Accident Law Center are here to help you if you have been injured walking on the sidewalk, in a parking lot or in a crosswalk. Our work on pedestrian injury cases is both in-depth and unmatched in the San Diego area. For example, attorney Steve Gnau obtained a $1.95 million recovery for a client whose foot was crushed when she was struck by a tour bus.
We represent pedestrians injured in accidents and family members of victims killed in accidents in California. Our legal skill in pedestrian accident cases is highly sought after throughout San Diego, and our aggressive representation of those involved in such accidents has served our clients well.
What Are My Pedestrian Rights in San Diego?
Pedestrians have the right-of-way in California. Nonetheless, to promote both traffic safety and efficiency, there are certain abstract presuppositions that help avoid car accidents with pedestrians. For example, according to safety rules from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (CDMV), pedestrians should yield their right of way when it helps prevent collisions. However, pedestrians have right of way when walking through the following:
- Intersections: When one roadway meets another, it is considered an intersection. These sections can include a side street, alley, freeway entrance or other location that vehicles travel through. Even if there is no “STOP” or “YIELD” sign at an intersection, pedestrians still have the right of way.
- Roundabouts: If an intersection has traffic follow along a central island in a counterclockwise direction, that is called a roundabout. These types of intersections do not have bicycle lanes. As a result, there is confusion about right of way at a roundabout. Motorists must yield to all traffic — including pedestrians — when entering or exiting a roundabout.
- Crosswalks: Generally, a crosswalk is the part of a road designated for pedestrian traffic. Almost every intersection has a crosswalk, even if there are no lines painted on the street. Since this is the case, if you were injured while walking through a crosswalk, even if it is unmarked, you might have grounds for a personal injury claim in California.
We have seen our share of vehicle-related accidents. Cars, trucks and motorcycles going relatively slowly can seriously injure pedestrians. At our award-winning law firm, we handle pedestrian accidents involving:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Drivers not looking where they were going
We also handle pedestrian accidents not involving other vehicles. These accidents may involve unsafe or improperly maintained areas such as sidewalks, crosswalks or parking lots, falling debris and construction sites.
KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICAL ISSUES AND THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY
Accidents can cause serious injuries. We are connected with highly qualified medical professionals, and we will do our best to help you get the urgent and ongoing medical treatment you need and deserve. Our San Diego pedestrian accident attorney can help work to:
- Pay for Medical Treatment: It is no secret that medical care is expensive. After identifying who is responsible for your injury, our legal team can pursue compensation for your medical bills.
- Reimburse Your Lost Wages and Benefits: After an accident, you might not be able to go to work. Our attorneys can seek compensation for any lost pay and benefit, including future earning potential.
Claims and lawsuits require a high level of attention to detail and knowledge of the insurance industry. We know how insurance companies work, and they know we are always prepared to take a case to trial. We have the skills and resources to evaluate the evidence in your accident and to determine who can be held accountable.
LEARN ABOUT A PREVIOUS CASE RESULT
Case of DJ – Our client was crossing a downtown intersection when a tour bus turned into her and ran over her foot. As a result of her serious injuries, trauma physicians amputated her leg below the knee. She was fit with a permanent prosthetic and walking within nine months of the incident. After the commencement of litigation, which included depositions of witnesses out of state, the insurance company settled with our client for a lifetime cash annuity and lump-sum payment worth a guaranteed minimum of $1.9 million.
Hit by a Car While Walking? Call Us Today for a Free Consultation
Get the legal representation you need after a pedestrian accident or crosswalk injury. We will start helping you immediately. Contact us online or call us at (619) 882-1111 to schedule a free consultation.